Are you aspiring to become an IAS/ PCS officer or to join defence services? Do you have certain questions in your mind as to how to join UPSC, Which course to pursue before appearing for UPSC? If yes, then need not to worry. Through this article major queries of yours will be resolved.
The biggest question in mind of candidate after 10+2 is which course is to be done for UPSC exam? The answer of the same can’t be direct. There are numerous options for a candidate to join before appearing for UPSC exam.
Union public service commission (UPSC) conducts various exam for civil services namely NDA, CDS, IAS, PCS, Indian statistical service examination, Medical services exams etc. The exam pattern for UPSC is Prelims, Mains and Interview.
Prelims exam consist of
Optional subjects(Civil services aptitude exam)
To clear these candidate need to have command on General science, Maths, reasoning and Civil services. To crack UPSC exam candidate need to explore for best coaching institute which helps them to fulfill their dreams. DCZ provides best coaching for civil exams i.e.PCS , IAS etc. Our institute is known as best PCS coaching in Chandigarh and IAS coaching in Chandigarh
Best Graduation Course for Appearing in UPSC Exam
There are few points that a candidate needs to ponder on before starting graduation.
1. UPSC Requirement: The main requirement of UPSC exam is that the candidate should have passes graduation in any stream. Candidate can do graduation in any stream of his interest keeping in mind the subjects of UPSC exam. Knowledge about each and every section is most important.
2. Avoid going for technical streams: As UPSC is all about general studies , Maths and civil services so candidate should avoid opting for streams like B.tech, BDS etc. because these streams will deal in depth study of the technical subjects but for clearing exam like IAS candidate need to be aware of general studies like Maths, Science etc.
3. Humanity is the best choice for UPSC exam: Humanities is the course with some special subject like history, political science, public administration, geography, sociology etc. Candidate can opt for Arts stream and take the subject of his choice keeping into consideration that knowledge of each and every section is covered. Arts stream is the only stream where candidate has the choice to select the course of his choice rest in all the streams candidate has to study the specific subjects. Candidate can take B.A. with history and geography.
Candidate can go for
• B.sc Physics
• B.sc Chemistry
• B.sc Maths, etc.
Candidate should give first importance to B.sc Maths as after this candidate can apply for IAS or PCS exam
4. Compulsory Maths as subject: Candidate must take Maths as a compulsory subject because to clear UPSC exam i.e. IAS or civil exam candidate must opt for the stream where Maths input is given till graduation. This will help you clear civil exam in easy way.
5. Read additional books for UPSC exam: Candidate can go for any stream for graduation of his interest and can refer additional reference books for exam preparation which covers general awareness subjects and civil services